Communicating with Other Programs
Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) often supports, impacts, or otherwise relates to other State and local transportation agency functions and offices such as design, maintenance, and safety. TSMO and these other disciplines can be carried out more effectively if the connections between these areas are strengthened. To provide context for the potential connections between TSMO and other disciplines, FHWA has developed a series of fact sheets, presentation files, and other resources.
Fact Sheets were developed to provide an overview of the linkages between each area and TSMO. Presentations unpack these linkages further and provide examples of how these linkages can be put into action. The presentations can be downloaded and modified for presentation purposes by other transportation agencies.
Resources describing the TSMO relationship to the following areas are available:
- Human Resources (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Planning (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Design (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Safety (Multiple Resources)
- Asset Management (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Construction (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Environment (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Maintenance (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Performance Management (Factsheet, Presentation)
- Information Technology (Reference Document, Fact Sheets and Webinar Recordings)
- Freight (Presentation)
- Transportation Equity (Factsheet)