- Advancing Metropolitan Planning For Operations: Set Objectives | Measure Progress | See Results (HTML, PDF 2MB) – Companion brochure to promote the Desk Reference. (Publication Number: FHWA-HOP-10-060, 2010).
- Applying Analysis Tools in Planning for Operations (Brochure) (HTML, PDF 1.6MB) – The intent of this brochure, and four accompanying case study brochures, is to help planners and operations professionals use existing transportation planning and operations analysis tools and methods in a more systematic way to better analyze, evaluate, and report the benefits of needed investments in transportation operations, in order to make the overall transportation system work better. (Publication Number: FHWA-HOP-10-001, September 2009).
- FHWA Operations Benefit/Cost Analysis Desk Reference: Real-World Examples of Application of the Guidance (HTML, PDF 610KB) (Publication Number: FHWA-HOP-13-006, November 2012).
- FHWA Operations Benefit/Cost Analysis Desk Reference: Conducting Benefit/Cost Analysis of Strategies Impacting Non-Typical Traffic Conditions (HTML, PDF 244KB) (Publication Number: FHWA-HOP-13-005, November 2012).
- FHWA Operations Benefit/Cost Analysis Desk Reference: Providing Guidance to Practitioners in the Analysis of Benefits and Costs of Management and Operations Projects (HTML, PDF 1.1MB) (Publication Number: FHWA-HOP-13-004, November 2012).
- Getting the Most from Your Transportation System Investments: Operating for Peak Performance (HTML, PDF 1.1MB) – The brochure, Getting the Most from Your Transportation System Investments: Operating for Peak Performance, is designed to promote performance-based planning for operations among senior decision makers and elected/appointed officials.
- Incorporating Travel-Time Reliability into the Congestion Management Process (CMP): Informational Brief (HTML, PDF 1.5MB) (Publication number: FHWA-HOP-14-035, February 2015).
- Transportation Planning For Operations: Quick Guide to Practitioner Resources (HTML, PDF 940KB) - The Transportation Planning For Operations: Quick Guide to Practitioner Resources brochure lists the resources available for transportation professionals. The resources were created with the input of transportation professionals across the country to help improve planning for the management and operation of transportation facilities.
- Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) Factsheets – TSMO often supports, impacts, or otherwise relates to other State and local transportation agency functions and offices such as design, maintenance, and safety. TSMO and these other disciplines can be carried out more effectively if the connections between these areas are strengthened. To provide context for these potential connections, nine Fact Sheets were developed to explain how TSMO relates to: