Policy and Regulations
On July 6, 2012, President Obama signed into law P.L. 112-141, the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21), funding surface transportation programs at over $105 billion for fiscal years (FY) 2013 and 2014.
MAP-21 continues support from previous legislation for the incorporation of management and operations in the metropolitan and State transportation planning processes. Selection of excerpts relevant to planning for operations from Title 23, United States Code, reflecting MAP-21 amendments.
The FHWA has created several resources to help familiarize stakeholders with MAP-21. They can be accessed from the FHWA MAP-21 website. Recordings from past webinars on MAP-21 topics are also available on the site.
- FHWA MAP-21 Website
- FHWA MAP-21 Fact Sheet on Metropolitan Planning
- FHWA MAP-21 Fact Sheet on Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ)
- FHWA MAP-21 Fact Sheet on Performance Management
- FHWA MAP-21 Fact Sheet on Statewide and Nonmetropolitan Transportation Planning
- FHWA Webinar: MAP-21: Operations & Transportation Systems Management, August 30, 2012. Presentation: PDF (491 KB) View the recording.