National Statistics and Maps
Freight Facts and Figures
Latest Freight Facts and Figures contains
national statistics and maps highlighting the extent, use, and consequences
of freight transportation in the United States.
Previous editions have been published for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017.
Freight Analysis Framework
National Freight Transportation Maps
The following maps appear in publications by the Office of Freight Management and Operations, and are provided here in high-resolution JPEG format and in resolution-independent PDF format.
- Tonnage on Highways, Railroads, and Inland Waterways: 2007, 2010, 2011 - 2012
- Tonnage of Trailer-on-Flatcar and Container-on-Flatcar Rail Intermodal Moves: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Top 25 Water Ports by Tonnage
- Top 25 Water Ports by Containerized Cargo
- Top 25 Foreign-Trade Gateways by Value
- Average Daily Long-Haul Freight Traffic on the National Highway System: 2012, 2015, 2045
- Permitted Longer Combination Vehicles on the National Highway System:* 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
- National Network for Conventional Combination Trucks: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Components of Major Freight Corridors
- Major Freight Corridors
- National Highway Freight Network
PDF files can be viewed with the Acrobat® Reader®.