Priced Vehicle Sharing and Dynamic Ridesharing Quarterly Reports
Dynamic ridesharing involves matching of drivers and riders without preplanning of a car pool. The ride matching process can be conducted in real-time aided by smart phone technology or can occur at pre-designated pick-up locations. Priced dynamic ridesharing adds the element of cost sharing.
Listed below each project category are projects that are currently being studied or have been completed. Each category includes a more detailed description of projects, an update of its current quarterly status, and a contact name for those seeking additional information about the project.
- CALIFORNIA: Dynamic Ridesharing Pilot (SmartRide) with Pricing Incentives in Santa Barbara
- CALIFORNIA: Linking Shared Electric Bicycles and Carsharing
- CALIFORNIA: Car Share Innovations in the City of San Francisco
- CALIFORNIA: Contra Costa I-80 Real Time Ridesharing
- ILLINOIS: Peer-to-Peer Carsharing
- OREGON: Peer-to-Peer Car Sharing in the City of Portland
- VIRGINIA: Northern Virginia Real-time Ridesharing Pilot Project
- TEXAS: Real Time Carpooling Automated Tolling Discounts in Austin, TX