About Active Transportation and Demand Management (ATDM)
What IS THE ATDM CONCEPT?
The ATDM Concept is the capability of an agency to improve trip reliability, safety, and throughput of the surface transportation system by dynamically managing and controlling travel and traffic demand, and available capacity, based on prevailing and anticipated conditions, using one or a combination of real-time operational strategies.
what is fhwa's atdm program
FHWA’s ATDM Program promotes active management, control, and influence of travel demand, traffic demand, and travel flow of transportation facilities through the following:
- Increase awareness and understanding of ATDM.
- Develop, test, and evaluate strategies.
- Provide tools and methods for performance analyses.
- Provide tools and methods for benefit/cost analyses.
- Train agencies to deploy effective ATDM systems.
- Provide guidance to FHWA Division Offices.