- Applying a Regional ITS Architecture to Support Planning for Operations: A Primer (HTML, PDF 8.7MB) - This primer offers transportation planners and operations managers a menu of opportunities for applying the regional ITS architecture to enhance planning for operations.
- Using Your Regional ITS Architecture Peer Exchange Workshop:
Summary and Findings (HTML,
PDF 250KB) - presents the findings of the "Using Your
Regional ITS Architecture (RA) Peer Exchange Workshop" held in
December 2004, Kansas City, Missouri.
- FHWA Rule/FTA Policy presents
the final text of both the FHWA Rule and the FTA Policy, and several
fact sheets and brochures.
- Regional ITS Architecture Guidance Document (HTML, PDF 6.9MB)
2006 Updated Version
a process for creating a regional ITS architecture with supporting
examples of each architecture product.
- Regional ITS Architecture Assessment Checklist (HTML,
- 110KB) is a tool for assessing the completeness of and
identifying needed improvements to a regional ITS architecture and
includes the requirements of the FHWA Rule and FTA Policy on ITS Architecture
and Standards Conformity.
- National ITS Architecture Field Support Team (HTML,
- 57KB) was established by FHWA to provide short-term, on-call
or on-site resources to support and facilitate the development, utilization,
and maintenance of regional ITS architectures.
- Regional ITS Architecture Examples
links to example sections of existing regional ITS architectures.
- Regional ITS Architecture Maintenance Resources: Technical
PDF - 172KB)
describes resources needed to effectively maintain a regional ITS
architecture including; estimated resources needed (work-load and
budget), variables that influence resource allocation, and situations
where substantially more resources may be needed.
ITS Architecture Version 7.0 links to a browsable version
of the National ITS Architecture.
- National Transportation Library contains documents on Intelligent Transportation Systems topics published or sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Open Source Application Development Portal (OSADP) - A channel for distributing and collaborating on transportation related open source applications.
You will need the Adobe
Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs on this page.
To view DOC files, you need the Microsoft