- Applying a Regional ITS Architecture to Support Planning for Operations: A Primer (HTML, PDF 8.7MB) - This primer offers transportation planners and operations managers a menu of opportunities for applying the regional ITS architecture to enhance planning for operations.
- Using Your Regional ITS Architecture Peer Exchange Workshop: Summary and Findings (HTML,
PDF 250KB) - presents the findings of the "Using Your
Regional ITS Architecture (RA) Peer Exchange Workshop" held in
December 2004, Kansas City, Missouri.
- FHWA Rule/FTA Policy presents
the final text of both the FHWA Rule and the FTA Policy, and several
fact sheets and brochures.
- Regional ITS Architecture Guidance Document (HTML, PDF 6.9MB)
November 5, 2020 Updated Version
a process for creating a regional ITS architecture with supporting
examples of each architecture product.
- Regional ITS Architecture Assessment Checklist (HTML,
- 110KB) is a tool for assessing the completeness of and
identifying needed improvements to a regional ITS architecture and
includes the requirements of the FHWA Rule and FTA Policy on ITS Architecture
and Standards Conformity.
- National ITS Architecture Field Support Team was established by FHWA to provide short-term, on-call
or on-site resources to support and facilitate the development, utilization,
and maintenance of regional ITS architectures.
- Regional ITS Architecture Examples
links to example sections of existing regional ITS architectures.
- Regional ITS Architecture Maintenance Resources: Technical Advisory (HTML,
PDF - 172KB)
describes resources needed to effectively maintain a regional ITS
architecture including; estimated resources needed (work-load and
budget), variables that influence resource allocation, and situations
where substantially more resources may be needed.
- National ITS Architecture Website links to a browsable version
of the National ITS Architecture.
- National Transportation Library contains documents on Intelligent Transportation Systems topics published or sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Open Source Application Development Portal (OSADP) - A channel for distributing and collaborating on transportation related open source applications.