Operations Performance Measurement Research
- SHRP 2: Reliability Focus Area
The second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP 2) has several ongoing research projects related to understanding improving travel reliability. The most relevant ongoing projects for operations performance measurement include:
- Project L01: Identification and Analysis of Best Practices for Improving Travel Time Reliability
- Project L02: Establishing Monitoring Programs for Mobility and Travel Time Reliability
- Project L03: Analytic Procedures for Determining the Impacts of Reliability Improvement Strategies
- Project L06: Institutional Architectures for to Advance Operational Strategies
- Project L07: Identification and Evaluation of the Cost-Effectiveness of Highway Design Features to Reduce Non-Recurrent Congestion
- Project L11: Evaluating Alternative Traffic Operation Strategies
- Project L12: Improving Traffic Incident Scene Management
- Urban Mobility Information, Texas Transportation Institute
- NCHRP 7-15, Cost-Effective Measures and Planning Procedures for Travel Time, Delay, and Reliability
- Florida DOT 2017 Performance Report (PDF 1.1MB)
- Investigation of System Operations Performance Measures for the Virginia Department of Transportation (PDF 816KB), June 2007
A comprehensive listing of travel time reliability research can be found at TRB's Research in Progress database. Simply type "travel time reliability" in the Search box.
PDF files can be viewed with the Acrobat® Reader®.