A systems engineering analysis is required for all Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) projects using Federal funds according to the Final Rule on Architecture and Standards Conformity. The ITS Architecture Implementation Program identifies minimum systems engineering practices that must be included in the project implementation phase. Additional resources are provided below for the planning, implementation, and operations of ITS projects.
- Model Systems Engineering Documents for Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Systems (HTML, PDF 2.0MB) - The Model Systems Engineering Documents for Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Systems report is intended to provide guidance for professionals involved in developing systems engineering documents covering the evaluation, selection and implementation of CCTV systems.
- Systems Engineering for Intelligent Transportation Systems (HTML, PDF 2.7MB) - A handbook that provides an introduction for transportation professionals to systems engineering and a basic understanding of how it can be applied to planning, designing, and implementing intelligent transportation systems (ITS) projects.
- Building Quality Intelligent Transportation Systems Through Systems Engineering introduces systems engineering for advanced transportation systems projects. "Building Quality Intelligent Transportation Systems Through Systems Engineering" introduces systems engineering for advanced transportation systems projects.
- Developing Functional Requirements for ITS Projects presents guidelines for developing good functional requirements as part of a systems engineering process.
- A Guide to Configuration Management for Intelligent Transportation Systems introduces configuration management - a formal and consistent process of making changes to an ITS system under development.
- Systems Engineering Guidebook for ITS will directly assist the project manager (both government and industry) with extensive process tailoring advice, metrics, deliverable templates, suggested roles, responsibilities, and capabilities of agencies and contractors, and comprehensive checklists for each process task to assure that all bases are covered.
For more information or questions about systems engineering technical assistance contact:
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs on this page.
To view DOC files, you need the Microsoft Word Viewer.