ITS Standards Field Support Team
Download this document (DOC, 79KB)
"Pioneers" and "Leaders" involved in the development and use of ITS Standards have made significant strides over the past several years. This is amplified by the increasing use of the National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocol (NTCIP). In an interest to complement the USDOT Peer-to-Peer Program, the Federal Highway Administration has established an ITS Standards Field Support Team. This Team is comprised of FHWA specialists who are prepared to provide short-term, on-call assistance in the area of ITS Standards. The goal of the Team is to support and facilitate the deployment of Intelligent Transportation Systems that advance national and local needs while implementing ITS Standards. Some examples of the services provide are listed below:
- Assessment of current system
- Guidance and assistance in the development of project specifications
- Review existing contracts and specifications and provide relevant assistance
- Assist in the identification of appropriate contracting and procurement mechanisms
- Assist in the development of testing plans
- Evaluation of systems for compliance to contracts and conformance to specifications
To request support from the ITS Standards Field Support Team, please contact your FHWA Division Office or any team member below:
(Headquarters, Washington, DC)
When you contact us, we will ask a few questions regarding the nature of your request. We will then work to deliver the necessary support required.
To view DOC files, you need the Microsoft Word Viewer.