Draft Highway Primary Freight Network Maps and Tables
The purpose of this web site is to publish the draft initial designation of the Highway Primary Freight Network (PFN) as required by Title 23 United States Code Section 167(d) National freight policy [PDF 134KB], and provide graphical information regarding the designation of the PFN as a complement to the information provided on the Federal Register notice.
- Federal Register Notices
- November 19, 2013 – Designation of the Primary Freight Network - Notice; Request for Comments [HTML, PDF 232KB]
- December 11, 2013 – Designation of the Primary Freight Network - Notice of extension of deadline and comment period [HTML, PDF 192KB]
- UPDATE: January 21, 2014 – Designation of the Primary Freight Network - Notice of extension of deadline and comment period. [HTML, PDF 191KB] - Comments must be received on or before February 15, 2014.
- USDOT Press Release November 18, 2013 – U.S. Department of Transportation Proposes Key Freight Highways
- Draft National Highway Primary Network Map [PDF 1.5MB]
- Docket to Submit Comments
- UPDATE: The deadline to submit comments has been extended to February 15, 2014.
- Highway Primary Freight Network shp files – Note: The linear reference in this draft hPFN shp file is developed based on the National Highway Planning Network (NHPN). The geo- location of roads may vary slightly from State or MPO maintained GIS road networks.
- 27k Highway Primary Freight Network National Table [PDF 74KB]
- 41k Network Table [PDF 71KB]
- Talking Freight Seminars
PDF files can be viewed with the Acrobat® Reader®
If you need a version of a Zip extracting tool, you may use WinZip® as an option.