Description of Figure 1. Sample Incident Logging Screen from Freeway Management Software Used in Texas, Screen 2
This figure shows an example of Report Page 2 from the Freeway Management software application. The name of the incident that has been logged appears in the title bar "Incident Evaluation of: US 0183 Northbound at Loop 360: FWEISSE." On this screen, operators click on radio buttons or checkboxes to record specifics on the incident.
Specifics fields include the following:
- Surface condition (dry, wet, muddy, snowy, icy)
- Road condition (no defects, holes/ruts in surface, foreign material on surface, high water or flood debris, obstruction in road [night], obstruction in road [day], narrow bridge/over/underpass, road under construction, road under repair)
- Light conditions (daylight, dawn, darkness – no street lights, darkness – street lights, dusk)
- Weather conditions (clear/cloudy, raining, snowing, fog, blowing dust, smoke, sleeting)
- Injuries (none, possible injuries, confirmed fatality)
- Vehicles involved (1, 2, 3 or more, passenger car, truck, trailer, house trailer, farm tractor, road machinery, bus, school bus, motorcycle, emergency vehicle)
- Other collisions (vehicle [in transport], parked vehicle, RR train, pedestrian, bicycle/other, animal, fixed object, other object)
- Detection (courtesy patrol, law enforcement, fleet operators, CCTV, automated detection, other public agencies, citizen, maintenance, other)
- Verification (courtesy patrol, law enforcement, CCTV, other public agencies, maintenance).