What is FHWA's Role in Access Management?
- To encourage and advance the development of state and local access
management policies, guidelines, and procedures for the management
of facilities; and integrate these into established planning, policy
and design processes.
- To increase awareness and understanding of the linkage between land
use, transportation planning, corridor preservation, and management.
- To increase awareness of access management techniques by state
DOTs, cities and counties.
- To increase use of access management techniques by state DOTs, cities,
towns, and counties.
- To promote use of TRB Access Management Manual and other useful
- To advance state of the practice through training courses and workshops
that present up-to-date information and real world examples.
- To advance state of the practice in access management through research.
- To share expertise and experience at national and regional conferences
- To work with business organizations and public entities to align
and advance economic development opportunities with access management