Expanding Traveler Choices through the Use of Incentives: A Compendium of Examples
Long Description – Figure 10. Bella Mossa by the numbers.
This diagram illustrates the benefits attained through the Bella Mossa Program.
- Walking. Pedestrians walked 520,000 kilometers during a total of 350,000 walks, with 31 million calories burned and 126 tons of carbon dioxide saved.
- Bicycling. Bicyclists traveled 1,022,000 kilometers during a total of 290,000 rides, with 48 million calories burned and 246 tons of carbon dioxide saved.
- Transit bus. Bus riders traveled 830,000 kilometers during a total of 196,000 bus rides by 7,400 passengers, for a total of 107 tons of carbon dioxide saved.
- Transit rail. Rider traveled 1.3 million kilometers during a total of 57,000 trips by 3,600 passengers, saving a total of 240 tons of carbon dioxide.
- Carpool. Carpoolers traveled a total of 45,000 kilometers during 2,150 shared trips by 4,500 people, saving a total of 9 tons of carbon dioxide.
A note below the image indicates that the data are based on the 2013 GHG Conversion Factors for Company Reporting Methodology Paper for Emissions Factors.