Safety Implications of Managed Lane Cross Sectional Elements
CHAPTER 7: REFERENCES
- Jang, K., K. Chung, D.R. Ragland, and C. Chan (2008) Comparison of collisions on HOV facilities with limited and continuous access. Safe Transportation Research & Education Center, Institute of Transportation Studies (UCB), UC Berkeley. Accessed from: http://escholarship.org/uc/item/7qf6g5fx. Accessed on November 5, 2013.
- Jang, K., K. Chung, D. R. Ragland, and C. Y. Chan (2009) "Safety Performance of High-Occupancy-Vehicle Facilities: Evaluation of HOV Lane Configurations in California" In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2099, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, D.C. pp. 132-140.
- Stanitsas, P. J. Hourdos, and S. Zitzow (2014) Evaluation of the Effect of MnPASS Lane Design on Mobility and Safety. Minnesota Department of Transportation. Final Report MN/RC 2014-23.
- Jang, K., S. Kang, J. Seo, C.Y. Chan (2013) "Cross-Section Designs for the Safety Performance of Buffer-Separated High-Occupancy Vehicle Lanes" ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 139, pp. 247-254.
- Cothron, A. S., S. E. Ranft, C. H. Walters, D. W. Fenno, and D. Lord (2005) Crash Analysis of Selected High-Occupancy Vehicle Facilities in Texas: Methodology, Findings, and Recommendations. Research Report 0-4434-1. Texas Transportation Institute, Texas A&M University System, College Station.
- Cooner, S. A., S. E. Ranft (2006) "Safety Evaluation of Buffer-Separated High-Occupancy Vehicle Lanes in Texas." In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1959, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, D.C. pp. 168-177.
- American Association State and Highway Transportation Officials. A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (2001) AASHTO, Washington, D.C., 2001.
- Golob, T. F., W. W. Recker, and D. W. Levine (1989) Safety of High-Occupancy Vehicle Lanes without Physical Separation. ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 115, pp. 591-607.
- Sullivan, E. C., and N. Devadoss (1993) High-Occupancy Vehicle Facility Safety in California. In Transportation Research Record 1394, TRB, National Research Council, Washington, D.C. pp. 49-58.
- Beiswenger, Hock and Associates, and University of Florida Transportation Research Center (1979) Safety Evaluation of Priority Techniques for High-Occupancy Vehicles. FHWA-RD-79-59. FHWA, U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Case, R. B. (1995) The Safety of Concurrent-Lane HOV Projects. Hampton Roads Planning District Commission, Chesapeake, Va.
- Skowronek, D. A., S. E. Ranft, and A. S. Cothron (2002) An Evaluation of Dallas Area HOV Lanes, Year 2002. Research Report 4961-6. Texas Transportation Institute, Texas A&M University System, College Station.
- Bauer, K. M., D. W. Harwood, W. E. Hughes, and K. R. Richard (2004) Safety Effects of Narrow Lanes and Shoulder-Use Lanes to Increase Capacity of Urban Freeways. In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1897, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, D.C. pp. 71-80.
- Cao, X., Z. Xu, and A.Y. Huang. (2012) "Safety Benefits of Converting HOV Lanes to HOT Lanes: Case Study of the I-394 HOT Lanes." ITE Journal.
- Lee, J., R. Dittberner, and H. Sripathi. (2008) "Safety Impacts of Freeway Managed-Lane Strategy: Inside Lane for High-Occupancy Vehicle Use and Right Shoulder Lane as Travel Lane during Peak Periods." Transportation Research Record 2012. Transportation Research Board.
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (2014) Highway Safety Manual Supplement. AASHTO, Washington, D.C.
- Bonneson, J. A., S. Geedipally, M. P. Pratt, and D. Lord (2012) Safety Prediction Methodology and Analysis Tool for Freeways and Interchanges. NCHRP Project 17-45 web-only final report.
- Dixon, K., K. Fitzpatrick, R. Avelar, M. Perez, S. Ranft, R. Stevens, S. Venglar, and T. Voigt (2015) Reducing Lane and Shoulder Width to Permit an Additional Lane on a Freeway: Technical Report. FHWA/TX-15/0-6811-1.
- Srinivasan, S., P. Haas, P. Alluri, A. Gan, and J. Bonneson (2015) Crash Prediction Method for Freeway Facilities with High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) and High Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lanes. FDOT Contract BDV32-977-04.