Traffic Incident Management Quick Clearance Laws:
A National Review of Best Practices
This publication may contain dated technical, contact, and link information.
- 2004 ITS Deployment Survey Webpage, . 2008.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupation by Transportation Incidents and Homicides 2003-2007. Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI) - Current and Revised Data. 2008.
- Dunn, W.M. and S.P. Latoski. NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice 318: Safe and Quick Clearance of Traffic Incidents. Transportation Research Board, National Research Council. Washington, D.C. 2003.
- Guin, Angshuman, et al. Benefits Analysis for the Georgia Department of Transportation NaviGAtor Program: Final Report. Georgia Department of Transportation. August 2006.
- Hamlin, C., R. Fries, M. Chowdhury, Y. Ma, and K. Ozbay. Incident "Quick Clearance" Legislation: Will It Effectively Reduce Congestion? Paper #07-3349. Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting. January 2007.
- Highway Capacity Manual 2000. Transportation Research Board, National Research Council. Washington D.C. 2003.
- I-95 Corridor Coalition. Coordinated Incident Management Toolkit for Quick Clearance. April 2007.
- Law Enforcement Stops and Safety Subcommittee. 2006 Staff Report. International Association of Chiefs of Police and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 2006.
- National Conference on Traffic Incident Management. Conference Proceedings. June 2002.
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund Webpage, . 2008.
- National Traffic Incident Management Coalition. Safe, Quick Clearance. 2006.
- National Committee on Uniform Traffic Laws and Ordinances. Emergency Vehicle Law – Including Move-over Section, . 2008.
- National Committee on Uniform Traffic Laws and Ordinances. Incident Responder's Safety Model Law, . 2008.
- PB Farradyne. Quick Clearance/Move-It Best Practices. I-95 Corridor Coalition. September 2003.
- Schrank, D. and T. Lomax. 2007 Urban Mobility Report. Texas Transportation Institute, Texas A&M University System. September 2007.
- Smith, B.L., L. Qin, and R. Venkatanarayana. Characterization of Freeway Capacity Reduction Resulting from Traffic Accidents. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 129, No. 4. July/August 2003. pp. 362-368.
- The Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc., . 2008.
- The Survivor Fund Webpage, . Towing and Recovery Association of America. 2008.
- USDOT Congestion Initiative Focus on Incident Management Webpage. 2008.