National Coalition on Truck Parking: Technology and Data Working Group - Truck Parking Availability Detection and Information Dissemination
Long Description for Figure 1: Components of a smart parking system.
The Image is of a flow chart for the components of a smart parking system. There are three levels: sensors, data processing, and truck drivers.
- Some combination of video camera, in-ground sensor, infrared sensor, radar, or laser scanner.
There is a downward arrow to the next area, Data Processing.
- Pertains to an advanced traffic management system or private server. To the right is a box labeled System Component with a bi-directional arrow labeled "Telecommunication Network".
There is a downward arrow towards "Truck Drivers" section, that is labeled "Information Dissemination" and a bi-directional arrow going up and down to the "Truck Drivers" section labeled "Parking Reservation".
- Pertains to ELD or DSRC enabled unit.
- Relates to a dynamic message sign with type "A" insert.
- Includes mobile apps, interactive voice response, or websites.