Value Pricing Pilot Program Planning and Decision Making Tools
Provides tools that can be used by transportation analysts to estimate the impacts of congestion pricing strategies.
Policy Options Evaluation Tool for Managed Lanes (POET-ML)
POET-ML allows HOV system operators to complete a current HOV system condition assessment, quantify the impacts of HOV policy changes on operational performance and financial feasibility, and ultimately prioritize the most appropriate policy changes, or combination of HOV policy changes, to best align the system with their policy goals and objectives. Even if only a limited amount of input data is available, users can obtain sketch-level planning estimates.
- Policy Options Evaluation Tool for Managed Lanes (POET-ML) Users' Guide and Methodology Description (HTML, PDF 1.7MB)
- POET-ML - Interactive Spreadsheet (Excel, 1.7MB)
Tool for Rush-Hour User Charge Evaluation - Statewide (TRUCE-ST)
TRUCE-ST builds on the foundation of the TRUCE 3.0 model. As indicated by the model's full name (Tool for Rush-Hour User Charge Evaluation - Statewide), users can apply TRUCE-ST to quantify the impacts of congestion pricing on urban highways statewide. For insights into the model's evolution, users of TRUCE-ST may review the User's Guide in conjunction with that for TRUCE 3.0 and the report Development of TRUCE-ST from TRUCE 3.0.
- TRUCE-ST Model - Users' Guide (HTML, PDF 29KB)
- TRUCE Model - Development of TRUCE-ST from TRUCE 3.0 (HTML, PDF 68KB)
- TRUCE Model - Interactive Spreadsheet Version 3.0 (Excel, 252KB)
TRUCE 3.0 - Metropolitan Areas
TRUCE 3.0 builds on the foundation of the TRUCE model developed at the U.S. Department of Transportation. As indicated by the model's full name (Tool for Rush-Hour User Charge Evaluation), users can apply TRUCE to quantify the impacts of congestion pricing on urban highways. In its current form, the model considers scenarios for congestion pricing on the network of limited-access highways, or "freeways". The source for the key inputs of traffic data is the Urban Mobility Report series produced by the Texas Transportation Institute.
- TRUCE Model - Users' Guide Version 3.0 (HTML, PDF 34KB)
- TRUCE Model - Interactive Spreadsheet Version 3.0 (Excel, 277KB)
To view Excel files, you can use the Microsoft Excel Viewer.
You may need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs on this page.